A 2003 survey conducted by The National Kitchen and Bath Association revealed that ceramic tile is the top flooring choice (34 percent of U.S. households) in bathrooms and the third most popular flooring choice (24 percent of U.S. households) in kitchens. And according to the Tile Council of America, ceramic tiles are the perennial favorite among homeowners with sales growing 500 percent during the past eight years.
Why use tile?
Ceramic tile offers several benefits to alternative flooring products – it’s durable, easy to clean, and collects less dust and indoor air particles. Best of all, ceramic tiles come in a variety of shapes, colors and sizes, and can vary in price from inexpensive for simple styles to extravagant for materials that replicate slate or marble.
Keep it beautiful for years
Ceramic tile is made for long-term use, and when properly installed, it can provide a beautiful floor for years. However, what’s under the floor (ceramic tile underlayment) is just as important as the style and color of tile you choose.
DensShield® Tile Backer by Georgia-Pacific is the ideal product to help keep your tile looking and performing wonderfully.
- Underlayment Benefits: DensShield Tile Backer provides long lasting, easy installation for floors, walls, countertops and ceilings. It is dimensionally stable and offers an even, solid surface upon which to lay the tile – this helps keep the tile from shifting as the years pass.
- Mold Protection: The built-in moisture barrier blocks moisture from entering the wall cavity, which helps prevent the potential of mold growth. DensShield is the only tile backer in the industry with a built-in moisture barrier.
- Easy Installation: Compared to cement board, this product is lightweight and easy to cut, snap and fasten.
- Save Time and Money: According to a 2001 study by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Research Institute, DensShield can be 46 percent faster to install than other backer boards with up to 22 percent less wasted material.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty: When properly applied over DensShield tile backer in a residential application, your entire tile installation is protected.
Whether your home is under construction or you’re renovating the bathroom or kitchen, the use of proper tile underlayment is essential. For more information on building products that help protect your home or to order a catalog, and for a copy of the DensShield® Tile Backer limited warranty, contact1-800-BUILD-GP or visit www.densshield.com.